Friday, April 6, 2012

In response to Tylers Blog about Technology


Are we ready to fully rely on technology? or should we at some point say maybe things are not to difficult and we do not need so much extra in life?

I am not ready to rely fully on Technology . I still enjoy talking on the phone, I like hearing my friends and families voices so I may use technology to reach them , but I still want that personal contact. I  believe that technology has made our lives easier.

I can remember a time when I used a typewriter to type letters, you probably can't imagine having to use one, but I do. When I started to use the data processing system that allowed me to not only correct mistakes quickly and easily and  had the capability to save documents,( that in the past documents had to be typed with  a layer of carbon paper and then a piece of plain underneath, think about it, a mistake could make you have to start completely over) it made my job so much easier and faster. Using technology to make our life better is wonderful, but there is a limit to how I want to use technology. 

When I was working I spent 6 to 7 hours a day working at my computer, before we relied so heavily on e-mail and our computers to get our work done we actually had to move around more and have contact with our co-workers. You had to get up from you desk and walk down the hall or take the stairs up or down a flight. Walking around gave us a chance to stretch, maybe even lowered our stress level a little. That all changed when we all started using outlook to communicate with our co-workers and our work was all done on the computer. We didn't have to call or move from our desk.all day. So I don't believe that we are ready to rely completely on technology.

What would be the best uses for technology today?

No comments:

Post a Comment